615 CASES PRODUCED
Mount Horrocks’ Watervale Riesling Vineyard is unusual in that it is south facing and at a very high altitude – two factors that contribute to a cooler site which is preferred in this time of climate warming.
ACO organic certification and hand tending both reinforce Stephanie’s determination to push the boundaries of sustainability, while at the same time enhancing wine quality. There is no better example than the 2021 Mount Horrocks Watervale Riesling – a beautiful, delicious wine, its concentration reflecting the tiny crop, the lowest in decades.
This is a wine that reflects the season, but even more so, an example of balance; exceptional power and finesse, all wrapped up in a convincingly drink-me-now combination of concentrated flavour and structure.
Expressive aromatics of apple and citrus rind. Pretty talc scents.
Delicate yet powerful, crunchy, dry, long zesty finish. Definitive citrus fruits and minerality. Great energy and potential.
Cellar 15-20 years.
- InDailyMount Horrocks Watervale Riesling 2021 The Clare Rieslings you know – and the ones you need to discover By Tony Love Enticing talc florals and bath salts to begin, lavender and pink rose petals then a citrus zing through the palate, tense yet full of vitality with vintage-reflective acidity that sits in well here. It has youthful exuberance ...
- Australian ClassicMount Horrocks Watervale Riesling 2020 Vintage after vintage, Stephanie Toole from Mount Horrocks produces one of the best dry rieslings from the Clare Valley in South Australia. The 2020 lives up to expectations with great citrus flavours, brilliant acid on the finish and terrific length. This is a perfect after-work refresher, or alternatively an excellent partner ...
- Max AllenMount Horrocks Watervale Riesling 2020 BEST WINES FROM THE 2020 VINTAGE There’s an aromatic quality I often find in young, fresh Clare Valley Riesling that reminds me of the botanical refreshment of a perfect gin and tonic at the end of a hot day: a combination of lime and herbs and a satisfying whisper of bitterness – ...
- The Real ReviewMount Horrocks Watervale Riesling 2020 95 points Tremendous fragrance of frangipani, star jasmine, wonderfully talcum powdery and varietal in the extreme. The palate is very delicate, light-bodied and refined. It seems lower in alcohol than 13%. Very subtle and moreish. A keeper By Huon Hooke The Real Review 21st September 2020
- Halliday Wine Companion2019 Mount Horrocks Riesling 95 Points This offers the commodity in short supply in ’19: finesse. Or, if you prefer, elegance. It has all the varietal flavours that make Riesling what it is – mouthwatering, vibrant, crisp and long – riding high on a magic carpet. By James Halliday 1st December 2019