580 CASES PRODUCED – SOLD OUT
More than two decades ago Stephanie chose the site for the Mount Horrocks Watervale Riesling Vineyard. The beautiful south facing, high altitude location may have been a surprising choice back then, but now, many are praising the merits of these cool vineyard sites, especially for riesling.
ACO organic certification and hand tending both reinforce Stephanie’s determination to push the boundaries of sustainability, while at the same time, enhancing wine quality. There is no better example than the 2020 Mount Horrocks Watervale Riesling – a beautiful, delicious wine, its concentration reflecting the tiny crop, the lowest in decades.
This is a wine that reflects the season, but even more so, an example of balance, exceptional power and finesse, all wrapped up in a convincingly drink-me-now combination of flavour, structure and balance
Lime-edged bright white gold.Continue reading →
Vibrant spring florals, honey-tinged lemon-lime.
Wonderfully crisp and flavoursome, with classic citrus fruits, apple-fresh and lingering. Slate-like elements of minerality, flavoursome, yet delicate. Stylish and cellar-worthy.
- Australian ClassicMount Horrocks Watervale Riesling 2020 Vintage after vintage, Stephanie Toole from Mount Horrocks produces one of the best dry rieslings from the Clare Valley in South Australia. The 2020 lives up to expectations with great citrus flavours, brilliant acid on the finish and terrific length. This is a perfect after-work refresher, or alternatively an excellent partner ...
- Max AllenMount Horrocks Watervale Riesling 2020 BEST WINES FROM THE 2020 VINTAGE There’s an aromatic quality I often find in young, fresh Clare Valley Riesling that reminds me of the botanical refreshment of a perfect gin and tonic at the end of a hot day: a combination of lime and herbs and a satisfying whisper of bitterness – ...
- The Real ReviewMount Horrocks Watervale Riesling 2020 95 points Tremendous fragrance of frangipani, star jasmine, wonderfully talcum powdery and varietal in the extreme. The palate is very delicate, light-bodied and refined. It seems lower in alcohol than 13%. Very subtle and moreish. A keeper By Huon Hooke The Real Review 21st September 2020
- Halliday Wine Companion2019 Mount Horrocks Riesling 95 Points This offers the commodity in short supply in ’19: finesse. Or, if you prefer, elegance. It has all the varietal flavours that make Riesling what it is – mouthwatering, vibrant, crisp and long – riding high on a magic carpet. By James Halliday 1st December 2019
- WBM MagazineMount Horrocks Watervale Riesling 2019 By Tyson Stelzer 94 points A cool harvest has maintained fantastic tension and energy in this dry, low-yielding season, making for a Mount Horrocks of concentration, impact and poise. A brilliant cut of acidity drives a palate of magnificent line and length, with enticing appeal and head-turning presence from day one, loaded with ...