450 CASES PRODUCED
2021 Mount Horrocks Cordon Cut Riesling (375ml)
“This is my 29th vintage of Cordon Cut. Just 450 cases were produced this year, and what a challenge, but I am delighted with the outcome. A highly risky and complex process, the making of Cordon Cut is very much about seat of pants decision making and this is where the experience of 29 vintages certainly helps!” Stephanie
A unique, delicious, concentrated wine that delivers all the hallmarks of Riesling – citrus, florals and spice, with beautiful balancing acidity, so it doesn’t cloy.
Fairly leaps from the glass.
Spring florals, honey and ripe, juicy lime. Luscious yet crisp to taste, citrus, vanilla, native honey and spice. Impressively rich and sweet yet clean and long.
Cellar 8-10 years.Continue reading →
- WBM MagazineMount Horrocks Cordon Cut Riesling 2020 94 Points It’s not its complexity that sets Mount Horrocks apart among the great sweet Rieslings (as unctuous and bombastic as it is) but the fact that it achieves this with the utmost seamlessness and completeness from the outset. Roast peach, ripe fig and toffee are honed by a refreshing line ...
- The Real ReviewMount Horrocks Cordon Cut Riesling 2019 93 Points By Ralph Kyte-Powell It’s a glittering yellow wine with pungent aromas reminiscent of sweet tropical fruits, flowers and wild honey. The palate is lush and very sweet with good depth, tangy acid balance and tight backbone. The Real Review March 2020
- WBM MagazineMount Horrocks Cordon Cut Riesling 2019 By Tyson Stelzer 96 Points A magnificent Cordon Cut that basks in the concentration of its dry, low-yeilding season, making for a wine at once more succulent and simultaneously more zesty than ever. Its grand complexity cements a delectably enthralling style that perfectly juxtaposes exuberant sweetness with a grand acid line and exceptional ...
- “dessert wine that has it all” WBM MagazineMount Horrocks 2018 Cordon Cut Riesling By Tyson Stelzer 96 Points A scintillating Cordon Cut of glittering acidity, pronounced limestone mineral structure and a panoply of exotic complexity. Apricots, spice, even incense, this is dessert wine that has it all. Yet for all of its enticing complexity, what really elevates this vintage to a new plane are its ...
- The Real Review2017 Mount Horrocks Cordon Cut Riesling By Huon Hooke 95 Points Bright light to medium yellow colour. The bouquet is fresh and yeasty, bright and youthful. In the mouth, it’s intense and rich, sweet and deeply-flavoured, with a clean finish thanks to plenty of acid. This was a very late harvest (May 15) and a sweeter wine, intense ...