242 CASES PRODUCED
Our low yielding Alexander Vineyard is ideally suited to producing high quality, certified organic and biodynamic wine. Here, Stephanie takes a distinctly European approach with one quarter of the hand-picked fruit whole-bunch foot crushed to give more perfume, while the remainder is crushed and fermented for more palate weight. Both components then spend 18 months in French oak barriques. Expressive and beautifully poised, this release is half our ‘normal’ production.
Vibrant cherry red. Alluring, concentrated, intense dark fruits. In the mouth, this is plush and mouth filling, generous without being heavy. Red and black fruits and subtle spice provide varietal allure whilst top class oak adds extra texture and weight. Bright, modern Australian shiraz to enjoy immediately or over next ten to twelve years.Continue reading →
- WBM Magazine95 points 2018 Alexander Vineyard Shiraz I love the elegant, classic and understated refinement of Stephanie Toole’s sensitivity in the wines, and this release epitomises it, right down to a one-quarter component whole-bunch and foot crushed. It’s seamless and harmonious from day one, uniting fragrance with deep, succulent, black allure. Classic Clare Shiraz, and one of the ...
- The Real Review93 points 2018 Alexander Vineyard Shiraz By Huon Hooke Deep, bright, youthful purple colour, and a raw essency aroma of dark plum and blackberry – the palate likewise very fresh and crisp, slightly callow and primal. Spicy and cool, it shows lots of potential. The tannins are soft and mild and it could be drunk now by those ...
- Halliday Wine Companion 20202017 Mount Horrocks Alexander Vineyard Shiraz 96 Points Top class for Mount Horrocks. Black fruits are rich, round and succulent, so much so that they overshadow the new oak (without aggression) and tannins. Excellent balance and length. Top class for Mount Horrocks.
- WBM Magazine2017 Alexander Vineyard Clare Valley Shiraz By Mike Bennie 93 Points Red fruits, jubey and bright, bouncy kind of perfume, ripe, nougat oak showing a light hand. Lots of same to taste, with choc-berry fruit character followed through with green, leafy characters. Fleshy, supple tannins, builds in richness through punchy finish. Good stuff here. WBM Trade Magazine May/June 2019
- James Halliday Wine Companion 2018‘Alexander Vineyard’ Shiraz 2015 96 Points By James Halliday Manages to be unashamedly full-bodied and decidedly complex, yet retains perfect balance, with a fresh, juicy quality reflecting its modest alcohol. There is a rainbow of fruit flavours on the long palate and lingering aftertaste.